The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

No WPMU site defined on this host. (8 posts)

1. MichaelChan
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm trying to put up a blogging software on my website for my pupils so I'm trying WPMU, but...

Help! I've got this reply when I try to install - and I've no idea what it means even! Help! Help!

2. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

Please search the forums before posting. By performing this search I found numerous threads which have already solved this problem.

Donncha,

If you or Matt could make a post about this error message and make it a sticky i'd appreciate it very much :)

3. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

And may either stick in a search bar that isn't buried within the site or sends the visitor to the wp.org site instead of keepiong them here would be great. :)

We did it over at wp.com...

4. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

I thought we had asked for the search form to be fixed months ago.. I was shocked when I went to do the search for the above post. That's why i put the link so the guy wouldn't be confused. ;)

5. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Took about 3 months of suggestions over in WP.com land to get it done. :(

6. MichaelChan
    Posted 17 years ago #

I...did...a search before I posted...

Nothing came up! Serious!

7. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Andrew gave you a link. Have you looked at it?

I have a feeling that you might also not be using the most recent version of MU. You might want to download the nightly version. I's also feeling this way since there's a link in there that lists information that you need to give us so that we can help you.

8. modifiedcontent
    Posted 17 years ago #

I have a feeling that you might also not be using the most recent version of MU

I still get this same problem with the latest nightly build and no, a search on the site (wp.org...) does not produce usable solutions.

EDIT: OK, I've found the solution. When you reinstall, make sure to delete the old wp-config.php!

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by MichaelChan
  • Latest reply from modifiedcontent