The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

subdirectory install - 404 not found (7 posts)

1. tsalagi_red
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am trying to set up a developer install on my home computer. Everything went fine, except when I attempt to access my added blogs, I get a 404 error. I can get to my front page blog just fine, and my 2 secondary blogs are created in the database. A check of the database shows correct paths. Everything looks like it should work, but I just can't access the blogs I created. htaccess appears to be as it should.

Does anyone have any ideas why WPMU isn't serving up those blogs?

2. tmoorewp
    Posted 14 years ago #

We need more info on your home computer setup. What are you running for an OS? What Web server?

It is quite possible that mod_rewrite is not working, but we need more info first.

3. tsalagi_red
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am using Mac Leopard with Apache2, php 5, mysql 5.
    I have mod-rewrite enabled in Apache2, although I am not sure how to test whether or not it's working.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Check the permalinks on the main blog. If you can see the About page and the Hello world post, then it's working.

5. tsalagi_red
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks! Mod_rewrite was not properly enabled for the user directory! I got it working, now.

6. connect_anil
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi tsalagi_red,
    Can you please tell Mod_rewrite was not properly enabled for the user directory! means as i am also running out of same error .

Need to debug your help will be appreciated..

-Anil

7. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

"AllowOverride FileInfo Options"

Needs to be in the vhost entry in apache for your web account.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by tsalagi_red
  • Latest reply from andrea_r