The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

activation email goes to their BULK (8 posts)

1. activebiz
    Posted 17 years ago #

what must I do so that activation email does not automatically wind up in the users Bulk Mail?

Got mailserver problem resolved - but need to solve this one now too.
    Thanks for any input.
    Is it enough if I change the wpmu-functions.php?
    line: support@ to for example: blogadmin@

2. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

I don't think you can do anything. *They* have to tell their mailserver/email client to flag emails from your domain as "good".

Usually by adding your address (support@yourdomain) to their address book. If it's a big worry, you may want to add a line to the signup page to remind users to check their bulk folder, or to add you as a contact.

(because really, if there was a way you could tell someone else to not put your emails in the bulk folder, the spammers would use it to their advantage.)

3. activebiz
    Posted 17 years ago #

thanks andrea

4. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Actually they may even want to complain to their host. What's usually being done when this happenes is that any email generated by a PHP script and sent via the PHP mailer is being tagged as spam.

That's usually over kill.

5. activebiz
    Posted 17 years ago #

well, at least I finally got the sendmail fixed and properly working. Major step for me. A few more things to fix and I can go live with MU - can't wait.

6. amanzi
    Posted 17 years ago #

Also, make sure that the emails are being sent out with the correct headers. All emails that were sent out from my server started to get blocked because Postfix was incorrectly configured. Check the headers of emails that are sent out to ensure that you don't see anything like "127.0.0.1" or "localhost" - spam filters often pick up on stuff like that.

7. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

where would we be able to configure the headers to make sure they're being sent out with the correct header info?

8. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

See this thread for an answer.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by activebiz
  • Latest reply from drmike