The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Where does WPMU keep its list of current blogs? (6 posts)

1. nonegiven
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi.

Where does WPMU keep its list of current blogs?

I am trying to de-bug an issue many have had with WPMU and Buddypress where any previously created blogs will be ignored by BP and not listed in its lists of blogs.

Having a look in the database, this might actually be a WPMU issue ... i.e. that WPMU is not informing Buddypress of pre-existing blogs.

Where does WPMU keep its list of current blogs that it passes to Buddypress so that I can update it manually in MYSQL perhaps allowing pre-existing blogs (blogs set up before BP was installed) to be listed by BP?

In BP, on the /members/username/blogs list it will say,

user 'hasn't created any public blogs yet'

However ...

the blog does exist, it and posts on it WILL show up elsewhere.

I have tried activating and deactiving BP. I have tried toggling privacy. Nothing seems to work. There are a few posts on the BP forum about this and a tracback. It would be great if a developer could report how to bug fix this, or at least point out which tables in the database have to b manually edited in order to fix this.
    It is a serious problems.

(If a new blog is created, it is seen and reported as existing, everything else works)

I am using 1.1.2 and WPMU 2.8.4.

Thanks.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

It's a buddypress issues, as the same issue is not present if Buddypress is deactivated.

The list of blog are stored in the wp_blogs table.

3. nonegiven
    Posted 14 years ago #

And the Buddypress guys say it is a Wordpress problem ... Buddypress does not see blogs that were created before Buddypress was installed.

I cannot find the table or marker that signifies or where to update the list manually.

The two bits are not talking to each other.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Dunno why they're sending you over here tho.

5. DeannaS
    Posted 14 years ago #

Without having even looked at buddypress, my guess is that buddy press creates a separate table to store meta information about blogs, and doesn't have a script to run on install to populate the already created blogs. That's my guess.

6. tomcat22
    Posted 14 years ago #

bump

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by nonegiven
  • Latest reply from tomcat22