The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

wp-config problems (4 posts)

1. AlexV
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am installing wordpress mu on my website. I have my main site http://www.website.com with wordpress installed and then am installing wordpress mu on a directory website.com/blogs

my problem is with the wp config files. i had to rename the wp-config on my main site to wp-config1 so that i could use the wordpress installation tool to create the wp-config for my wordpress mu installation under blogs.

Now I cant log into my main site as an admin but I can log into the blogs directory as an admin. If I rename my config file in the main site (root?) then i can log in there but cannot log into the blogs section as an admin.

I am not a techie, so how do I fix this wp-config.php naming issue so that i can log into both? if it helps I use hostgator.

Thank you for your help

Alex

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

In another thread a user reported that installing MU in a subfolder at Hostgator just does not work.

3. AlexV
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks for the reply,
    I don't know what happened but all of a sudden it started working. As I said I am not a techie but I have created a few test blogs and also done some work on my home page so... All is well.

Andrea you sure seem to be the go to gal over here.

Thanks

Alex

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Glad you got it sorted out. :)

About this Topic