The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Problem update nextgen gallery on wp mu (7 posts)

1. andrewetrusco
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hello, I have a problem with the latest version of nextgen-gallery on wordpress mu. Main blog updating the database required to work; in various blogs created by users in the gallery section displays:

This script has detected that you are upgrading from a previous version. NextGen Gallery tables in your database are outdated and must be updated before you can continue. I wanted to run after a downgrade, make first thing a full backup of your database and images.

The upgrade process may take some 'time, please be patient.

Start update now ...

If you update the message:
    Successfully updated

By clicking on continue repeating the message again ... Initial
    How can we solve this problem?

2. padma18885
    Posted 14 years ago #

Have you got the Solution ?

3. admini
    Posted 14 years ago #

hi guys,

having the same problem as you have. MU 2.8.5.2 and nextgen 1.4.3

interesting to mention: have like 10 blogs - 2 out of them updated the nextgen gallery without problems, the others throw the problem as above reported.

any solutions so far?

4. shuette
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am experiencing the same problem with NextGen and Wordpress MU. I have Nextgen Active Sitewide. When Nextgen gets updated the user blogs all need to go through an update process. Most do successfully. Some get stuck in an upgrade loop.

5. prochroma
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am having the same problem... infinite loop between

"The script detect that you upgrade from a older version. Your database tables for NextGEN Gallery is out-of-date, and must be upgraded before you can continue. If you would like to downgrade later, please make first a complete backup of your database and the images. The upgrade process may take a while, so please be patient. Start upgrade now..."

and

"Upgrade sucessful Continue..."

6. B1gft
    Posted 14 years ago #

Same Here, same problem.

Funny thing is thought, on my test blog. test.myname.com the gallery is working perfect, but on my main site http://www.myname.com its not working.

Any solution to this problem

Thanks

7. avelient
    Posted 13 years ago #

I actually resolved this problem entirely by accident. I went to the backend of the problematic blog, deactivated the plugin and then re-activated sitewide. It seemed to have resolved the problem.

If I had to venture a guess, there is some check in the database to see if the upgrade was run successfully. The check shows that the upgrade wasn't run, but if you were to look at the NextGen tables, you're looking at the new version.

Unfortunately don't have more time to look in more details, but just thought I'd post my experience here.

Thanks!

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by andrewetrusco
  • Latest reply from avelient