The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Request: allow user to delete blog (8 posts)

1. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Especially now that a user cna have multiple blogs, is there a way, or can it be built in, for the user themselves to delete one of their blogs without getting me to do it?

2. blips
    Posted 17 years ago #

MUST include the warning that there is NO UNDO!!
    AND
    They have to type a captcha or some word otherwise they will complain and tell you it all happened magically and it was a mistake because they were just trying options and you go and fix it!

3. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hmm, I thought we had this feature already. It's much used (and mucked up) over in WP.com land.

Folks are still going to complain though that even if it states that there is no undo ("Oh, is that what that meant") and even if there's a captcha ("I just wanted to test it.") and even if there's an email sent out requiring them to click on a link to knowledge that they really want to delete their blog ("I didn't really mean it"), they're still going to assume that you'll be able to bring it back for them.

Ticket made:

http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/ticket/96

I'd actually like to see the feature as well.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Woot. I'd even go so far as to add a line before the delete to tell them to EXPORT first. :D

(you know, just in case)

5. mickemus
    Posted 17 years ago #

How about an user version of this feature request?? Just have have it deactivated then auto deleted 30 days later... at least there's an undo???

http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=1581&replies=1#post-8907

6. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

As per my post, there already is a feature request for it. :)

7. mickemus
    Posted 17 years ago #

Search, Search, Search, Search, Search, Search, Search, Search... the ol' Monty Python way! I did use it... Sorry!

8. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Well, it would help if the search button at the top worked properly. :)

Alos, it is worth it to note that all new posts float to the top of the main page - where we all check for new posts.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by andrea_r
  • Latest reply from andrea_r