New Blog Defaults Settings (26 posts)

1. padma18885
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am using 4 plugin to apply default settings to all new creating blog
    1) New Blog Defaults
    2) Default Category
    3) Plugin management
    4) Default User Role

I want Each new user is the admin of that new created blog with Default plugin auto activated and with default category.

But
    1) New Blog Defaults

This works fine

2) Default Category

Only default 1 Category I had mentioned in New Blog Defaults has been enabled for new blog where as in old blog it will added when we first time add default category from SiteAdmin---> Default category

3) Plugin management

I have activate the required default plugins for new created blog. But it will not affect to the all blogs. Only site admin users http://www.aa.com/ can access those plugin
    4) Default User Role

This works fine but I had given Admintrator role as Default. This gives user to access my main site/blog http://www.aa.com/ . But not give the access to other admin plugin (Ozh Menu , clutter free design) to perticular user's blog http://www.aa.com/user

Please help me out of this

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Have you put these plugins in the mu-plugins folder?

3. padma18885
    Posted 14 years ago #

No , I have not put all these plugins to mu-plugins folder. I have put only Default User Role and New Blog Defaults plugin to mu-plugin

Should I have to put Plugin management and Default Category to mu-plugins?

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Are Plugin management and Default Category regular wordpress plugins?

5. padma18885
    Posted 14 years ago #

Not Exactly

I have taken default categories plugin from :

http://natureofmind.org/30/default-categories-for-new-blogs/

And Plugin management from:

http://wpmudevorg.wordpress.com/project/wpmu-plugin-manager

6. DeannaS
    Posted 14 years ago #

Plugin Manager should definitely be in the mu-plugins folder. My guess is that default categories should be as well - because if you want it to install categories when a blog is created you can't have it as a plugin - it won't be active when the blog is created.

7. padma18885
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanx DeannaS and andrea ..

8. DeannaS
    Posted 14 years ago #

By the way - Default Categories are included in the latest version of my plugin.
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wpmu-new-blog-defaults/

9. muradsweiss
    Posted 14 years ago #

HI i was trying to change the default new blog user role in the admin panel
    well under - Administration Settings - I deleted admin

"Site Admins
    These users may login to the main blog and administer the site. Space separated list of usernames."

Now I cant access my admin panel at all - I get this message
    "You do not have permission to access this page."

10. muradsweiss
    Posted 14 years ago #

Fixed that problem :) but I still cant change the new blog role from admin to subscriber -- under site admin options / I changed the the Dashboard User Default Role to subscriber -- but the admin role doesnt change -- which creates a problem since I would like to remove the theme option form my bloggers.

Is there a way to fix this -- i installed six plugins and nothing fixed it *Hide Dashboard *Toggle Admin Menus *cets_blog_defaults *Role Manager *Trim Admin Menu.

Her is how you fix the admin delete
    In DB wp_sitemeta table
    under site_admins Edit the meta_value and paste in the following (completely replacing the existing content):

a:1:{i:0;s:5:"admin";}

11. DeannaS
    Posted 14 years ago #

You mean you want someone that creates a blog to be only a subscriber? They won't be able to do anything with their blog if they're only a subscriber....

12. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

IF you want to get rid of the theme option - simply find the theme you want and delete all the other theme folders and rename that as default. I think that would do the trick.

13. y2gabs
    Posted 14 years ago #

Perhaps the wrong thread, but does anyone know of a way to apply default plugin settings (ie. pre-configured settings per plugin) for each new user/blog? There are several plugins that I'd like to be pre-configured for new registered users and can't figure out or find a plugin to do this...

Thanks!

14. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

You can't.

You have to edit each plugin to have your settings as the defaults.

15. rickhorowitz
    Posted 14 years ago #

I just installed WPMU on a test blog and am attempting to learn how it all works.

First snag is New Blog Defaults.

I change the Default Theme in the drop-down and click "Save Changes," but it does not save the changes. The default theme, when the page has reloaded and I look at it (e.g., in the New Blog Defaults panel) is still showing the old theme.

Thanks.

P.S. In spite of this, it appears that it is actually giving a different default theme now for the new blogs -- but shouldn't it show me what the currently chosen default theme is on the admin page?

16. DeannaS
    Posted 14 years ago #

It should, yes, and it does in my install of it. Are you using the latest version?

17. raywaldo
    Posted 14 years ago #

What I am having a problem with is... I have a couple of plugins that I want to use but either not allow the blog owners access or at least restrict them from the SETTINGS for the plugin. Terms of Use and WP-DBManager for example.

However, I *DO* want to give the owners some latitude in selecting the plugins for their blogs.

Is there any way to restrict the blog admins from installing and changing the settings to such plugins?

Ray

18. DeannaS
    Posted 14 years ago #

You can look for the part of the code that creates the menu item and wrap it in

if (is_site_admin()) {
    // generate the menu here

}

But, that's going to be a plugin by plugin code change. There isn't any other easy way to do it. I don't think any of the menu modification plugins do that, unless they take away the settings section entirely.

19. MariusOoms
    Posted 14 years ago #

I can verify rickhorowitz' problem. I tried he plugin on both clean installs of 2.9.1.1 and 2.9.2. On 2.9.1.1 it works fine.

On 2.9.2 the default theme is applied on the front end, but in the backend it is not. Can't seem to figure out what the changes between versions is that are responsible for this behavior.

20. vyasritesh
    Posted 13 years ago #

i created wordpress multiuser project.when any user creates its own blog then they have admin dashboard with all options same as a main wordpress blog administrator’s dashboard…. i want to hide some option of new blog’s users dashboard…….plz help me……

21. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

please stop posting the same question to multiple threads.

22. tdjcbe
    Posted 13 years ago #

Try searching the forums for hide options. Been discussed a few times.

23. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

I was trying to hunt down the Menus plugin, but it appears to have been removed.

24. vyasritesh
    Posted 13 years ago #

in wordpress mu by default new blog have one post and one page but i want five post and five pages by default in each newly created blog is it possible...........and also i have 2'nd question is it possible to add my blog posts to any one of these newly created page..........

25. vyasritesh
    Posted 13 years ago #

is it possible blogger can upload his/her photo on its blog's header and also remove from header

26. vyasritesh
    Posted 13 years ago #

hello i am using page2cat plugin to display post in pages here is code which displays full post content

foreach($catposts as $single):
    query_posts('cat='.$v0.'&showposts='.get_option('posts_per_page'));
    endforeach;

but i want to display each post's 100-200 characters and then Read More link to show full post is there any idea for it......

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by padma18885
  • Latest reply from vyasritesh