The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Bulk Post Edit - No Categories Are Checkmarked (5 posts)

1. awarner20
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am on 2.8.6 and was on 2.8.5 and this exists in both versions.

When I go to "Edit Posts" and do a search for say "EDF", I get three results of posts with "EDF" in the title. These posts are attached to multiple categories. I am trying to uncheck one category to remove these posts from it. However, when I select these three posts and then choose "Edit-->Apply" the normal bulk editing display comes up, but none of the categories have checkmarks next to them. So I can't "unselect" the category I need to remove these posts from.

I've been limping along editing individual posts, but I wonder if anyone else has experienced this?

2. awarner20
    Posted 14 years ago #

Can someone else please try to duplicate this? I have deactivated a bunch of plugins that I thought could be possibly be conflicting, but no luck yet. The same behavior exists on multiple blogs, even one with only two posts and two categories.

My next step is to start removing mu-plugins, but I would be very curious if anyone else can duplicate this before I go to that extreme.

3. wpmuguru
    Posted 14 years ago #

It looks like for categories and tags you can only add new ones to the posts in the bulk edit.

4. awarner20
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks for confirming this. So, it seems this is by design. This means there is no way to bulk remove posts from categories.

I suppose I can put this in as a feature request in trac?

5. wpmuguru
    Posted 14 years ago #

The bulk edit comes from WP, so that would be the trac to submit the ticket on.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by awarner20
  • Latest reply from wpmuguru