The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

PHP 5.3 (7 posts)

1. bortkopplad
    Posted 14 years ago #

My web-host has recently (today) upgraded the server to PHP 5.3 and wpmu has started to behave strange. Has anyone else experienced any problems with their WPMU after PHP-upgrading?

2. bortkopplad
    Posted 14 years ago #

Actually it is 5.3.1, anyone?

3. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

What do you mean by strange?

4. bortkopplad
    Posted 14 years ago #

I was dead sure someone was going to pose that question. =) I wanted to hold the question "open" in case there was some compatibility issue I had missed out on.

For me WPMU has all of a sudden started to filter out all html from blog-posts. Links, text-formats, images, everything. I haven't made any changes to the code, it's just the php-version that has been upgraded. I don't know if it is an issue that could be solved in kses.php or not, does anybody know? =) I am however left in the dark to the origin or cause of this problem.

5. kgraeme
    Posted 14 years ago #

I know some php functions have been deprecated in 5.3, but I've only seen old plugins and themes as having problems. The core of wordpress has specific support for 5.3.

What you're describing though sounds like a kses filter issue and there are differences in how/when kses gets applied in mu compared to single wordpress, so that could be a place to start looking.

6. bortkopplad
    Posted 14 years ago #

Well, the problem is that I hardly run any plugins at all, and even when disabling all plugins and enabling all errors/warnings in PHP. I get nothing, nada. Everything seems to work just fine, with the exception that some code somewhere silently drops all the html-formatting.

I am running the latest WPMU-package, and I have been unable to reproduce the error in my dev environment. I don't seem to be able to make PHP 5.3.1 and WPMU co-operate at all in dev, PHP 5.3.0 works just fine though.

7. bortkopplad
    Posted 14 years ago #

After contacting the host-provider everything suddenly seems to work just fine. They did not admit to have done anything wrong, but, what the hey. It works!

=)

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by bortkopplad
  • Latest reply from bortkopplad