The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Image Verification (9 posts)

1. lobsterman
    Posted 17 years ago #

It'd bee cool if there was an option to require image verification on signup.

2. mickemus
    Posted 17 years ago #

Is there a captcha plugin for this??

3. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Friendly reminder that Captcha's are pretty much against the ADA here in the US. I see the need/ reason for them but it still shuts out a good size portion of the population.

4. mickemus
    Posted 17 years ago #

ADA???

5. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 17 years ago #

http://www.google.com/search?q=ada and I don't think it's the dentists we're talking about here!

6. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

You young whipper snappers today with your MP2 players and your IPonds. When I had to view a page on the en-turd-net, I had to walk 5 miles butt naked through the snow and the lava and...

:)

Granted I could make a case for the Image Verification as well but with so many poorly set up proxy servers (*cough* BellSouth *cough*)out there displaying the wrong image, it would probably do more harm than good in my opinion.

Of course, it's probably more up to the Site Admin if they would want one. It would be fairly simple to add in and I've done it with a couple of my own projects.

7. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

and uphill in your father's pajamas too, mike...:D

Anyway, if you (mikemus) thought your target audience was younger and was used to it, go ahead and plunk in the captcha. Us old geezers have trouble seeing it sometimes. ;)

8. MrCrimson
    Posted 17 years ago #

Here's an ADA approved option for Captcha:

http://www.gigoit.org/humanauth/

It's pretty nice too, although I've not seen a plugin to integrate it into WP or WPMU.

-Crim

9. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

First I've seen of it myself.

Again though if it works on any sort of cache system or if the images change, you run into the issue of folks behind broken proxies.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by lobsterman
  • Latest reply from drmike