The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Help With Migration Options (2 posts)

1. mylagoon
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi guys,

I've got a music website I'm running called tonedeaf.com.au . We only launched 3 weeks ago but naturally are looking to the future. We're going to want forums (bbpress), a good user backend (buddypress), a few contributors blogs, and band pages where bands can login and have a profile (mu?).

I was wondering what you guys thought the best approach would be.

Firstly, the current site will soon be split across 3 domains if it's possible (mainsite, festivals, and directory). Can this be achieved with MU?

Secondly, the band pages would work well with mu but would need to be under the sub-directory /bands. Can this be achieved using the same mu installation as the main site or would it need to be a separate installation?

Thirdly, can the user database be shared across 2 mu installations and a bbpress installation? Or is it crazy to have 2 installations going?

Any advice on how to proceed would be most welcome.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

All I see is one MU install with buddypress running - which includes bbpress at the moment.

just fyi, buddypress is on the front end and control user profiles. The band profiles you're looking at creating woudl be run by buddypress as well.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by mylagoon
  • Latest reply from andrea_r