The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Yet Another Multi-Site Manager - Login issues (15 posts)

1. ccagle8
    Posted 14 years ago #

Joe Jacob's "Yet Another Multi-Site Manager" WPMU plugin

First off, I think this is a great alternative to the other multi-site plugins out there, as it doesn't create extra tables (which then create the need to keep all "sites" up to date for cloning purposes).

I have it successfully installed, added a new site, then successfully signed up for a new blog on that new site.

But at this point, I can not successfully log in. I know I am typing in the correct password. I get no error messages, just a redirect back to the same login page. I've reset the pwd many times, and when i purposely mistype the password, it tells me that it is invalid.

I can however still log into the main site's control panel. http://www.original-site.com/wp-login.php.

I even tried commenting out the default-site DEFINE variables inside wp-config.php but no luck - same problem.

Has anyone else seen this, or dealt with such a problem?

Thanks!

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

"as it doesn't create extra tables"

Neither does ours...

At any rate, the backend is controlled by the rewrite rules. No, you don't have to add any. MU shoudl handle it if the htaccess file is there and working.

SOME of the multi-site plugins need things commented out of the wp-config file. Did you do that?

3. ccagle8
    Posted 14 years ago #

Andrea - That is great news about your plugin. I thought I read over your description page on wpmututorials thoroughly enough...

Have you seen this issue with your plugin before? If so, and you know how to correct it - I am purchasing your plugin today.

I just spent the last few minutes looking thru every post in this forum and it seems like a couple people have seen this problem before, but there is never any resolution posted...

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yep.

See in wp-config the lines about current_site? There aroudn 4 of them. comment them out.

5. ccagle8
    Posted 14 years ago #

I've tried that... but I'm not at my PC to verify that I did. Im assuming those lines determine the rewrite rules that are placed inside .htaccess?

Could it maybe also be a cross-site cookie problem? I've seen that mentioned a few times as well.

I assume all my DNS settings are correct because I am able to see the new blog I registered at blog.site2.com - Is that a correct assumption?

6. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

No, those lines have the main site domain hardcoded in them. Gotta comment out the cookie line too.

DNS is right if you can see it at the right blog, yes.

7. HazardCell
    Posted 14 years ago #

Please make sure you're sure you're using the latest version of the plugin. There were some login issues with the older version.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/yet-another-multi-site-manager/

Also please make sure you have the sunrise.php installed correctly

8. ccagle8
    Posted 14 years ago #

Andrea - That was it... the Cookie one as well:

//define( 'COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.my-domain.org' );

For others that have the same problem, I commented the above line and the below lines (except for PATH_CURRENT_SITE) out of my wp-config.php and everything seems to be working great now.

//define('DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE', 'my-domain.org' );
    define('PATH_CURRENT_SITE', '/' );
    //define('SITE_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1);
    //define('BLOGID_CURRENT_SITE', '1' );

Joe - You might want to put this in your readme /documentation. Apologies if it's already there - But I didn't see it anywhere.

9. HazardCell
    Posted 14 years ago #

I think you haven't configured sunrise.php properly because all this should have been handled there. You should uncomment the sunrise definition line in wp-config.php

10. ccagle8
    Posted 14 years ago #

Joe - sunrise was uncommented, because i am already using the Domain Mapping plugin. I am using your dm-sunrise.php renamed to just sunrise.php

11. ccagle8
    Posted 14 years ago #

Joe - one other thing: Do you plan to re-merge your dm-sunrise.php with donncha's new sunrise.php? I assume this would then give your plugin remote-login capabilities...

I ask because it looks like the current file is merged with an older copy : http://ocaoimh.ie/wordpress-mu-domain-mapping-05/

12. HazardCell
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yup I'm working on a new version. Just need to iron out a few more bugs first

13. HazardCell
    Posted 14 years ago #

What version of the domain mapping plugin are you using? because there might be an issue if you are using the newer version of the domain mapping plugin with mine

14. ccagle8
    Posted 14 years ago #

thanks - i look forward to it.

It is definitely not donncha's 0.5 version. It is an older version of the WPMUDEV Premium 'supporter' enabled plugin. I do however plan to switch over to the 0.5 version soon and integrate my own version of 'supporter' awareness into it.

15. thekruser
    Posted 14 years ago #

I had a similar issue. My solution was a simple overlook. I have WPMU installed on the root dir. My multi-site plugin (MU Multi-Site) has a blank for the install directory. By default, this is blank. If you do not physically enter a slash (/) in the directory blank, it will produce results exactly like what you have described. Not sure if that helps or not.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by ccagle8
  • Latest reply from thekruser