The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Install on a Joomla site (2 posts)

1. TQP01
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have a Joomla site (www.tqpartners.nl). I created a folder called 'blog'. I created this folder as a sub2dir. blog.tqpartners.nl.
    What to do next? Install Wordpress in this folder? Is it accesible with the mentioned url?
    Is it messing up my original Joomla?

Thank you very much for answering tose noob questions!!

2. summae
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hmmm, Joomla is a content management system, while I'd say these days wordpress is considered one as well, though it evolved from 'simpler' blogging software. Because of this, I'm thinking that installing wordpress inside of joomla may be somewhat redundant. Then again maybe not.

Either way, I'm thinking you may want the single user version of wordpress, found at wordpress.org, rather than the multiuser version, found here at mu.wordpress.org, which is used to set up a 'network' of blogs and is slightly more complicated. If you set up a subdomain blog.tqpartners.nl redirected to tqpartners.nl and install all folders and files inside of the wordpress folder you download, w/o installing said wordpress folder itself, everything should be in the right place. I'm just not sure exactly how they will interact with wordpress being under/inside of joomla.

About this Topic