The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Request: Mass Email Options (5 posts)

1. PleaseHelp
    Posted 17 years ago #

I would like to see an option to send an email to registered users

2. mickemus
    Posted 17 years ago #

Check yout Skippys Subscribe2! http://www.skippy.net/blog/category/wordpress/plugins/subscribe2/

It works as a plugin that your users can activate. I'm not sure if it includes the blog admins/users for you but you can manually key/past in the email addresses you want to send to!! It has both a subscription where new entries are sent out as well as a 'Write message' functions!!

3. akc
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm trying out subscribe2. For my intial test, I installed it under the plugins directory (not mu-plugins) and activated it in the admin account.

Everything's worked fine except for one thing: when using the un/subscription form, registered users are prompted to log into their profiles. Problem is, some of those users are actually registered under another blog. Since subscribe2 hasn't been activated for that (or those) blog(s), those users can't see the subscription management interface.

Will installing under mu-plugins solve this? I guess I have to try (after getting some rest), but would love to hear from experienced folks.

4. akc
    Posted 17 years ago #

Well, seems that subscribe2 requires the user to hardcode the id of the page named "subscribe". Obviously every blog would likely have a different id, that makes the plugin unusable as it is.

Possible solutions (all avoiding hardcoding):
    * Make subscribe2 "autodiscover" the subscription page.
    * Store the id of the subscribe page in the db.

5. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

any progress on this by anyone?

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by PleaseHelp
  • Latest reply from suleiman