The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

success but database error (6 posts)

1. mardie
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi,

Im new to this wordpress mu. I have installed it on a subfolder.. While our wordpress site is on a different subfolder. And i have successfully installed the wordpress mu coz i reached the page that says:

Installation Finished!

Congratulations!
    Your WordPress ยต site has been configured.

But after i click login the page changes to:
    Error establishing a database connection

I know this is a correct database coz this is the second database that i have created.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Did you add a database user to it that has all permissions on that database?

3. mardie
    Posted 14 years ago #

yes the user has full permission.. i tried deleting the wp-config.php and installed wordpress mu again.. And its the same.. It says "installation finished"..but same problem as above after trying to log-in.

did i miss something like apache configuration, etc? coz i dont have logins for the hosting server as my client only gives the database info to me..

thanks

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Are you sure you put in the right db server? Sometimes it's localhost, on some hosts, it's not.

5. mardie
    Posted 14 years ago #

i checked the wp_config.php of our wordpress site.. the DB_host is just "localhost".. could this be different for wordpress MU?

6. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

No, it uses whatever db host you tell it to use.

Recently I have seen installation issues if your db user's password is 6 characters or less.

Just check to verify everything is correct.

About this Topic