The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Make a plugin WPMU compatible (5 posts)

1. masonjames
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hey all,

I've got a redirect plugin that I've used in wordpress and have enjoyed it. It's a pretty simple permalink redirect plugin you can check out here:
    http://scott.yang.id.au/code/permalink-redirect/

I just tried using it with wpmu, but when I click the "Update Options" button I get the error message: Error! Options page not found.

Anyone have some common options I should look for to help make this thing wpmu compatible?

I tried editing
    $home = parse_url(get_option('home'));

Thinking I might need to change it to 'siterul' or something, but I'm grasping at straws. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

2. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

It would sound like his admin URL is wrong.

I can't get his code to download.

In the options page does he have the options rolled up into a form with a submit button?

If so what is the form action set to?

3. DeannaS
    Posted 14 years ago #

4. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

That is not the problem - its perfeclty possible to write a MU compatible plugin using the old _POST method. In fact I've done that with my plugin because I want to do some very odd things with the variables. I might move to register_settings in the future. Moving from the old method to the new method isn't just a matter of changing a couple of lines.

The real problem is:

<form action="options.php" method="post">

which I'd try changing to

<form action="" method="post">

But it still might not work -its a spaghetti pile of code

5. masonjames
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm still messing with the code, but I also found an alternative method to accomplish my original goal.

If anyone needs a plugin for wp/wpmu that allows you to change your category permalinks to whatever, here is a great solution:
    http://wpjudge.com/the-much-needed-category-redirect-plugin-is-here/

Very simple and get's the job done.

@SteveAtty, you were right, modifying the code allowed the plugin to reload the page, but the settings are not saved.

Thanks for the help!

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by masonjames
  • Latest reply from masonjames