The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WordPress MU 2.9.1 Upgrade Recommendations (7 posts)

1. kgraeme
    Posted 14 years ago #

Donncha has released WordPress MU 2.9.1.

Important Upgrade Step

2.9.1 introduces a new "commentmeta" table. To reduce load on your server during upgrade, Donncha recommends adding the tables BEFORE you upgrade to 2.9.1.
    http://ocaoimh.ie/wpmu-add-commentmeta/

As always, make backups of your wordpress files and database before installation.

2. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

Certainly the 2.9.1 upgrade seemed to take quite a while even with adding those tables in first.

The back end seems to be a lot faster than it was before...

3. recoilfx
    Posted 14 years ago #

Does this mean that adding the tables is for reducing the load during upgrade?

4. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yes - if you've got a lot of blogs follow the instructions for implementing the new table for each blog. You can do that any time and then when you've got the time to do the full upgrade you can do it.

5. recoilfx
    Posted 14 years ago #

Our policy is to upgrade all blogs during downtime so load isn't an issue. I will skip the addcommentmeta script for now as 2.9.1 RC-1 seems to upgrade without any problems.

6. kingkool68
    Posted 14 years ago #

I just upgraded from 2.8.6 to 2.9.1 and now the Title tag reads "Untitled Document" on every single page including Admin pages. No big deal at the moment, as this is just a test site I'm working with. But weird none the less.

7. cerrasponda
    Posted 14 years ago #

So has anyone else gotten the strange Edit Page with an empty edit area on the screen problem? (not sure if it's related to this because the pages seem to never fully load to show user content in the edit page screen, but the upgrade went smoothly!)

I was on MU latest version (2.8.6?) when I updated to (2.9.1) and this is the only update where something went wrong with wordpress itself.

None of my bloggers (or admins) can see the edit post content on the edit page interface, but all the pages are still there.

Any hint as to where I should start looking for this problem??

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by kgraeme
  • Latest reply from cerrasponda