The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Exporting content back out of WordPress (7 posts)

1. boatwizard
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am building a new blog on WPMU, however, I may need to give some content back in a couple of years should the contract I have with some editors does not work out.

Is it possible to extract posts from one category (as mysql) for someone then to use to put in to their own WordPress?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

3. steve.mcnally
    Posted 13 years ago #

Thanks for this, Andrea.

In Mu, does this enable me to create a single export file for each blog and / or range of blogs? That would be a tremendous backup solution ...

Thanks again, and I hope you and Ron are doing well.

4. steve.mcnally
    Posted 13 years ago #

obtw - I do have db backups. I can also back those up into sets of individual blogs. Exporting individual blogs in xml format suitable for direct import via WP by end users (i.e. example.com/wp-admin/import.php) would be Even Better.

thanks -

5. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

Nope, the plugin above is for parts of individual blogs.

If you have a db backup, that's awesome. You can do all kinds of things there. to get xml backups of each blogs, you still have to visit each blog and run the Export. This is built in.

There's a paid plugin for db backups as well, but it doesn't quite get all of the blogs (yet). I'm waiting to make sure it works in 3.0, becasue I've been assured it will support mu/multisite/ get all the blogs then.

6. steve.mcnally
    Posted 13 years ago #

thanks, Andrea -

I'm hoping to find or create a way to create xml exports of the individual blogs in a Mu install.

If I'm successful, happy to post back.

again, thanks for your time and assistance.

7. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

I'm hoping to find or create a way to create xml exports of the individual blogs in a Mu install.

If you mean from one admin screen, you'll have to code it up.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by boatwizard
  • Latest reply from andrea_r