The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Comments feed permalink problem (4 posts)

1. abietto
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi!
    I set up the standard "date and name based" permalink structure (second in the "common options" in the permalink admin page), and when I click on "update", the radio button checked changes to the "Custom, speficy below" automatically. The structure there is, by default,:
    /blog/%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/
    Don't know if this is normal, but, anyway, there seem to be no problems with all the permalink except for the link to the "comments feed". No matter what theme I use, every time I click on the "comments feed" it says "page not found". The link goes to "/comments/feed/" after the root address of the website.
    I'm using the Bionic Jive template, right now, and it uses the standard "bloginfo('comments_rss2_url')" link. I can't understand why all the others link to syndication feed are working... Can anyone help me? Thanx! =)

2. abietto
    Posted 17 years ago #

Er... No one can help me?
    Basically... Why the siteroot/feed/ or the siteroot/feed/rss links work perfectly and the siteroot/comments/feed don't? Anyone else encountered this problem before?

3. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Srry, I was sleeeeeeeping.
    Have you checked the comments feed in another template?

4. abietto
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yes, but it doesn't seem to work anyway. The problem is that when I click on Siteroot/comments/feed/ wpmu does not find that "page" and so it points me to the page in which you can add a new blog (in this case, it suggests me to open a new blog called Siteroot/comments/). It's strange, since the link is standard, (like 'Siteroot/feed/' or the others). I'm still working on it, but you can check it out at http://abietto.net/testMU/

About this Topic