The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WPMU User Blogs Don't show themes. (2 posts)

1. Ephazi
    Posted 14 years ago #

Forgive me for asking this. I have done about 12hrs of research and can't seem to find a solution or even a similar issue.

I can't get my users blogs to display. Also on my main blog the images don't show up and they point to some weird directory (wp-content/file)

I was messing with attachment/pdf/upload/document plugins and that's when sh!t hit the fan. I have removed the plugins but the problem is still there...

Check out http://www.afsachapters.com (Shows up fine exept for 1 image int the sidebar.

Next click on one of the chapter URLs in the sidebar. POOF all the text is there but a plain white background is there... I got nothin' Can't seem to fix this. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Ephazi
    Posted 14 years ago #

Fixed it...

I copied all the files/folders in teh publichtml directory from a good working WPMU site.

I left the WP-Content folder alone (on the broken site) an uploaded the good files

wp-admin
    wp-includes
    .htaccess
    htaccess.dst
    etc
    etc

Then I went to the site and it was still broken, so I updated the wp-config witht the correct DB username/pass/Db account

POOF all my sites are back up and working.

I think the file uploader plugins changed all teh re-write perms and permalink structure so the files/links weren't synced up.

SO

Just keep the wp-content folder there
    add all the other stuff and update teh wp-config file and it's a done deal.

Too bad it cost me a ton of time...

About this Topic