The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

plugin Dev Question about creating and saving files (1 post)

1. Adeptris
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am creating a Content Pane Template plugin, for a small cms system, this will give the admin, 4 extra sidebars, 12 wigitized content areas all of which can be named by the admin, and a template creator all from the themes admin section just by uploading a plugin, this will give 15 different sidebar layout possibilities, and many more content layouts to create the template files from, with no code changes to the primary theme.

Part of the process is to create the layout.css and content.css files as well as the template files based on the width information supplied by the admin, I have already done the css output to a text area which is over 500 lines, but I have read that some servers would stop me creating a file and dropping it in the themes directory.

So would it be normal to ask the blog admin to copy the contents open an empty file paste in the copied contents and save the layout.css or template.php in the theme root or a specified named folder in the active themes directory folder.

Or is it normal to create and save files in the plugin area, and maybe there a better way you could think of?

Thanks in advance!

David

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by Adeptris