The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

How Do I turn off Error Warnings?? (4 posts)

1. cdogstu99
    Posted 14 years ago #

When i login to my backend on MU i get the following messages:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/s/t/a/startuplabnet/html/wp-admin/includes/mu.php:1) in /home/content/s/t/a/startuplabnet/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 798

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/s/t/a/startuplabnet/html/wp-admin/includes/mu.php:1) in /home/content/s/t/a/startuplabnet/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 799

It does appear that everything is working fine, yet it's really annoying because if I add a new post or make any changes to plugins, etc i get this warning and i have to go back to the previous page. IS there a way to turn off these messages?????

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

"Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by "

almost always means there is a blank line after the closing ?> in one of those files.

3. cdogstu99
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks Andrea..you were right..there was an extra line after the closing ?>...but i fixed and still getting the errors...any other thoughts?

4. cdogstu99
    Posted 14 years ago #

Ok so i just figured this one out. Figured i'd post for anyone else having the same trouble. The mu.php file was encoded incorrectly...should be ANSI encoding. Just copy the file to notepad and save as an ANSI File, re-upload and that should take care of it. Cheers!

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by cdogstu99
  • Latest reply from cdogstu99