The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Page reloads to new page on 2.9.1 (7 posts)

1. seahawknationblog
    Posted 14 years ago #

When i am writing an article on the new wordpress i cannot delete a custom field or add media or anything within the page or it reloads and says saved successfully, when i try to upload media it reloads to a whole different page instead of an i-frame like the old media uploader.
    So every edit i do, upload image or delete or add of custom field it reloads page to saved instead of using ajax to delete field or anything else?
    The media issue is the same except no I-frame just another page it goes to like the old media uploader except its own page?

So i have reinstalled wordpress 2.8.6 back so it will function correctly, i would like to get new 2.9 but these issues are preventing me from upgrading, thanks in advance!

2. seahawknationblog
    Posted 14 years ago #

Wow i cant believe this, no replies and posted for over 5 days!

3. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Probably becasue there's not enough info to troubleshoot. No link to the site, no indication of whatever else you've tried.

Did you look at error logs?
    Did you turn off all plugins and try it again?

Otherwise, it's a stab in the dark here. :) Help us to help you.

4. seahawknationblog
    Posted 14 years ago #

basically what im saying is in the admin panel creating a new post the ajax features are non existent, it reloads when i try to create a custom field or delete a custom field.
    It also reloads when trying to upload media or anything within the post.
    I have diabled all plugins and still the same issue, so i have reverted back to old version 2.8.6 and cannot use newer version of mu.
    Also no error logs, i am not experiencing errors Andrea only the simple fact that ajax has completely dissapeared from back end while posting a new article and wants to refresh page as whole..

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

How'd you upgrade? Manually or auto?

6. seahawknationblog
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have tried both ways, Manually updating and auto updating Andrea.

7. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

Have you cleared your cache? Made sure that you're not using any mu plugins that offload the Ajax scripts to something like Google?

Does a good client debugger like Firebug show any obvious errors?

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by seahawknationblog
  • Latest reply from SteveAtty