The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

[Plugin: domain mapping] Wordpress mu- sub directory question (5 posts)

1. billdoor
    Posted 14 years ago #

I understand the latest version supports sub directory mapping?
    I'm using mu 2.9.1.1 with subdirectories rather than sub domains as my host wants to charge me £10 a go for subdomains(!).

My main install is at pintofsimilar.co.uk and is in the root directory.

I have the plugin set up and have altered sunrise.php. When I go into the the sub-blog I am currently reading When I go to the settings ->tools->domain mapping and put in the URL I want mapped to it, it says "domain mapped", but then I see no indication that anything has changed. I have set up an A Name redirect via the control panel on 123-reg (and removed the existing www A name but left the @ A name) but the mapped domain doitanyway.co.uk doesn't appear to have taken.

Am I being thick?

2. billdoor
    Posted 14 years ago #

I've altered the @ A name to the same as the www A name and now get a 403 forbidden error. Progess, of sorts :D

3. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

As noted in another thread, you have to park the mapped domain in cpanel. :)

4. billdoor
    Posted 14 years ago #

I didn't realise I couldn't delete threads and when I realised this was in the wrong place, I'd unfortunately already posted the other one.

It's odd being a real "n00b" on a forum, I can tell you ;)

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

I read threads by newest, so the actual section it's in doesn't matter. :) Those are mostly for browsing I guess.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by billdoor
  • Latest reply from andrea_r