The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Duplicate Posts for Contributing Writers (1 post)

1. fostertime
    Posted 14 years ago #

Greetings Everyone.

Ok I have done a lot of searching and I found these plugins FeedWordPress, MultiPost MU and Broadcast MU. However very close, it is not what I am looking for.

Before I begin to custom develop my own new plugin, I wanted to ask the community to see if anyone has attempted this in the past.

Here is what I am trying to accomplish:

1. Allow any user within a WordPress MU installation to post "Contributing Posts" to one of 3 other blogs they do not have access to.

2. They would write their post within their dashboard and have an option to the right under "Publish" to select the category of their Contribution. (A listing of the categories of the contribution blogs)

3. Once they "Publish" their post, a duplicate copy of that post is inserted into the blog category they chose at publish. (if they chose to contribute their post)

4. Editors will then see "Pending" posts from "contributing writers" which they would edit and publish.

5. The users post still is published to their blog, but a duplicate is made for the contribution blog.

Anyone ever seen/done this before?

Thanks for any help!

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by fostertime