The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Wordpress MU as an Intranet (3 posts)

1. fembatty
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am currently exploring the possibility of running a intranet site on wordpress MU. It seems ideal owing to the fact we will require a platform which will allow multiple blogs covering a wide range of subjects and multiple users (with different permissions). I am wondering if anyone has any experience of the following -

In particular, there are several requirements that I am not sure how Wordpress can manage:
    - User management. Can you decide which users can post in which sections? Any way to identify users? Any way to validate users from the intranet Active directory?

- Moderation: Posts / comments subject to approval by administrator. I presume this is possible? Correct me if I am wrong.

- Can comments include pictures and/or attachments? I had this solved with Wordpress but not entirely sure the same thing will work with Wordpress MU

Not wanting a how to per say but a little pointer or two in the right direction would be appreciated.

2. reinaldoportanova
    Posted 13 years ago #

Eu gostaria muito de poder rodar o WP-MU na minha intranet. Atualmente estou usando um subdominio, onde mantenho o back-up dos sites que crio, para esta finalidade. Procurando na web, encontrei esta indicação e foi a mais próxima do meu objetivo. Porém ainda ficou a desejar.

I would love to be able to run the WP-MU on my intranet. Currently I am using a subdomain, where I keep the back-up sites that I create for this purpose. Searching the web, and found this statement was the closest to my goal. But it was still to be desired.

-------------
    copy from original site
    -------------

To install WPMU on localhost ultiliza with Xampp, see how to proceed.
    After you have already downloaded the WPMU, place the unzipped folder in the directory:

c:\xampp\htdocs

That done, go to the directory:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ etc

Open the hosts file in notepad and add the following line at the end of the document:

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain

Save and close the hosts file, open the browser and type the following address:

http://localhost.localdomain/wordpress-mu

Ready Now you can install WordPress MU on your computer.

-------------

I used the same way in PHP Easy and it worked. The Wp-MU was not yet perfect. Need to be Improved.

The "my addendum" to Easy PHP (reinaldo portanova):

WINDOWS-> START-> RUN:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers \ etc
    ENTER

Open the hosts file in notepad and add the following
    line at the end of the document:

[127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain]

Save and close the hosts file. (Always good to refresh)

Go to "admin" Easy PHP, create an alias, point to Folder,
    go to the field and install WPMU.

Example (illustration only)
    http://127.0.0.1/wpress-mu/
    (Alias) wpressmu
    (Local) F:\\localhost\\wpress-mu\

-------------
    I hope to have cooperated.

3. reinaldoportanova
    Posted 13 years ago #

Responding to the topic:
    -------------------
    User Management
    --> use plugins: "members only" or "member access", or others...
    ------------------
    - Moderation: Posts / Comments
    in "http://yourblog.com/wp-admin/options-discussion.php" are the options for this purpose
    ------------------
    - Comments can include photos and / or accessories?
    Some plugins are for this purpose, but not everyone has great effectiveness in WP-MU, is something of "trial and error", but most work well. It is worth researching and see which meets your request.
    ------------------
    Again, I have helped.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by fembatty
  • Latest reply from reinaldoportanova