The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Post Thumbnail, Autosave and Edit Errors (3 posts)

1. fostertime
    Posted 14 years ago #

Greetings!

Ok. So I am having a little issue here.

For some reason I am getting the following error when trying to Publish a new post, however the post is still saved, minus any post content.

Your attempt to edit this post: “This is a new post” has failed.
    Please try again.

Now, if I go to /wp-admin/post-new.php and comment out this line, then I have no more errors.

wp_enqueue_script('autosave');

I am fine not having autosave drafts. But now, when using the Post Thumbnail with autosave disabled, I cannot Set the image as a thumbnail until I save the post as a draft and go back and edit it.

After much thought, I'm thinking this is probably because without autosave there is no post-ID to attach the thumbnail to. Hence the reason for it to work once it is saved as a draft.

My questions is two fold.

1. Is anyone else having this error with Autosave enabled? If so, have you found a solution? Or have some steps to try?

2. Has anyone been able to get a post-id without autosave enabled?

I have tried disabling all plugins, fresh install... same with everything. Which leads me to believe that perhaps the autosave is not functioning because of a PHP error. Does anyone know if Autosave has any special requirements with PHP setup? Using PHP 5.

Thanks, sorry this so long. :)

2. DeannaS
    Posted 14 years ago #

I think other people have seen similar issues. I haven't searched in trac for a bug post, though.

3. kosmo_p
    Posted 13 years ago #

I am having this same issue - I have not tried removing 'wp_enqueue_script('autosave');' as fostertime stated - but my issue began after migrating from one host to another.

I am currently looking for the cause and solution to this issue - if anyone has any info I would appreciate any insight you might have...

If I find the issue and a solution I will post as follow up

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by fostertime
  • Latest reply from kosmo_p