The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Default Blog Settings for Registered Users (5 posts)

1. seaurchin
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi all,

I've got a wordpress MU installation that is supposed to act as a community portal for a 500 member organization. As this organization is based pretty much on writing (it's an RPG) I would like all registered users to be able to make submissions to a list of specific blogs within our MU site.

The blogs that I need any user to be able to contribute to are a news site and a job board. Obviously these are based off WP :)

Being that it's 500 members, I would like to avoid having to give individual permissions and instead have a 'group' that all registered users are defaulted to being members of.

Now, I've seen a couple of plugins that will allow you to create groups, and add people to groups, but none that will automatically put all registered users in the group without administrative action.

I've been googling all day and have so far not found a solution. The closest thing I have found is a plugin that will allow some one to submit posts, but it doesn't discriminate between registered and unregistered users. If some one not logged in puts in a post, they can put in the email address of any registered user, and it will link the post to that user, regardless of whether it's valid. This isn't desirable as I don't want users spoofing other users when sending things in.

Can anyone point me in the direction of an MU plugin or a WP plugin that will help me to do this?

Thanks

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yeah, wrong search terms. :D

what you're looking for here is to add users to existing blogs, and add users to specific blogs on signup.

3. seaurchin
    Posted 14 years ago #

Found something!

Add Users Sidebar Widget will let them self-subscribe if they want to contribute.

Is there a way to disable a default dashboard now?

4. redsoxmaniac
    Posted 14 years ago #

There is a hide-dashboard plugin in the Wordpress repository ( Its called hide dashboard ). I believe it works if you place it site-wide.

5. seaurchin
    Posted 14 years ago #

I saw that one, but it sounded like it would hide all dashboards? I only want to hide the one...

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by seaurchin
  • Latest reply from seaurchin