The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Pods & WPMU (11 posts)

1. johnny_n
    Posted 14 years ago #

Has anyone had success using PodsCMS with WPMU?

I've been developing a Pods deployment on a regular Wordpress install and when I installed Pods on WPMU in order to begin to style it and get it ready for launch, Pods won't work.

AJAX doesn't seem to work -- no clicks register (with one exception -- the drop pod/template/page link brings up the confirmation message but no action is taken), no template or page code is displayed, the actual setup of the Pods isn't displayed either (the fields).

In short, it doesn't work. I've tried 1.8.2 and 1.8.3 with WPMU 2.9.1.1.

Anyone had any luck doing this? I've tried everything...

podscms.org

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

If the Ajax doesn't seem to work, my guess is you have a plugin conflicting with it.

3. johnny_n
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thank you Andrea --

I had thought so too -- I guess I didn't add here (only on the PodsCMS forums -- very tired!) that I had tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin's two latest versions (reverting the database to a backup in the meantime) as well as tried disabling all other plugins. The only plugins in the WPMU folder are domain mapping, unfiltered-mu and a "touch of class" donncha plugin, so I don't think any one of those can be conflicting.

I'll try again this evening... any more ideas would be appreciated...

In the meantime will try to track down the problem more specifically with Firebug...

4. johnny_n
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yes, just tried disabling all plugins again... same result.

I should also add that this is in the admin area...

5. johnny_n
    Posted 14 years ago #

I've compared the non-working wpmu admin page source code to my working wordpress admin page source code (btw, they're located on the same server). There is a discrepancy -- it seems like Pods thinks there's no javascript installed with WPMU, yes?

This is the same browser, same admin page:

Non-working WPMU:

<body class="wp-admin no-js  toplevel_page_pods">
    <script type="text/javascript">
    //<![CDATA[
    (function(){
    var c = document.body.className;
    c = c.replace(/no-js/, 'js');
    document.body.className = c;
    })();
    //]]>
    </script>

Working Wordpress:

<script type='text/javascript'>
    /* <![CDATA[ */
    	userSettings = {
    		url: "/",
    		uid: "1",
    		time: "1267555725"
    	}
    /* ]]> */
    </script>
  6. johnny_n
    Posted 14 years ago #

One last bit of information -- IE is giving me an error when I try to display one of the pods, templates or pages. This is the error:

Line: 20
    Char: 27021
    Error: Unknown name.
    Code: 0
    URL: https://***/wp-admin/admin.php?page=pods

Line 20 is the second one below, but it appears in all my admin pages (that I've checked). It's clearly a javascript conflict, yes?

/* <![CDATA[ */
    function selectcb(thisobj,var1){
    	var o = document.forms[thisobj].elements;
    	if(o){
    		for (i=0; i<o.length; i++){
    			if (o[i].type == 'checkbox'){
    				o[i].checked = var1;
    			}
    		}
    	}
    }
    /* ]]> */
    </script>
  7. johnny_n
    Posted 14 years ago #

Ok, I'm seeing the no-js bits on all WPMU pages, so it's not unique to Pods.

I'm stuck.

8. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

turn off all your other plugins.

9. johnny_n
    Posted 14 years ago #

I just deactivated all plugins and this time deleted the two mu-plugins (not domain mapping -- if that's the conflict than what's the point) and then reactivated Pods. Same result.

I did try to update my domain mapping plugin though -- I'm running WPMU 2.9.1.1 and the plugin version was 0.3 -- I've had no trouble but decided to upgrade to the most recent version. When I did so it created a loop between http:// and https:// login on the second blog (of 2), so that effectively I was locked out. This is strange, but I don't see how it could be related. I reverted back as I don't need another problem to track down right now and everything works fine outside of Pods...

Thanks again, Andrea!

10. andrej1c
    Posted 13 years ago #

Same problem here.

Pods works only if I have the "Redirect administration pages to original blog's domain" checkbox of the Domain Mapping Plugin checked.

I would leave it unchecked but then the sitemap generated by the "Sitemaps and SEO - Wordpress MU Style" plugin are based on the main blog's domain, not on the one mapped by Domain Mapping Plugin. So that stinks for SEO :-)

I'm just looking through the code of the domain mapping plugin for how I can grab the mapped domain and then I'm onto patching Pods to use that domain for the AJAX calls.

11. andrej1c
    Posted 13 years ago #

Got it fixed. In pods/init.php I replaced:

define('PODS_URL', WP_PLUGIN_URL . '/pods');

with:

if (function_exists('domain_mapping_siteurl')) {
    	$new_pods_url = domain_mapping_siteurl( false );
    	if (!$new_pods_url) $new_pods_url = WP_PLUGIN_URL; else $new_pods_url .= '/wp-content/plugins';
    	define('PODS_URL', $new_pods_url . '/pods');
    } else {
    	define('PODS_URL', WP_PLUGIN_URL . '/pods');
    }

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by johnny_n
  • Latest reply from andrej1c