The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

(Re) Install problem (2 posts)

1. richardpd
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi
    I am currently having great problems with WordPressMU. I actually installed it on my localhost setup some weeks ago but never looked at it. Recently I have been looking at WordPress and was impressed & I remembered about WPMU and tried my localhostserver copy but found some errors with it (would not upload data or recognize wpmu new themes).

I made a post about this in the troubleshooting forum (Data won't upload). I could not fix this and so I tried deleting my WPMU setup & reinstalling but I cannot reinstall.

To clarify I have IIS7 localhostserver using port80 & Xampp localhost server using port 8080. I am trying to run WPMU on IIS7 (as it does not support port nos in the url so cannot use it with Xampp).
    However I cannot do a delete & reinstall in IIS7 as it keeps giving the web page with WordPressmu logo only (indicating an unsuccessful install).

So presently I am left with my original but broken (cannot import data nor recognize new wpmu themes) WPMU setup. I am most grateful for help & advice to setup WPMU properly on localhost (either IIS7 or Xampp), thanks

2. richardpd
    Posted 14 years ago #

Phew!
    After spending lots of time with setting up WordPressMU in localhost server I finally have it installed properly!

I use both Xampp & IIS7 localhost servers on my Vista machine & have swopped the ports over (I changed Xampp back to its default to use port80 & then changed IIS7 from its default port 80 to port 8080). I installed WordPressMU in Xampp (htdocs) with a new MySQL DB and it worked! Eureka!
    (to access it I cannot use: http://localhost/wpmu/
    but instead need to use: http://localhost.localdomain/wpmu/).

I cannot use WordPressMu with IIS7 but I do not need to now!(as it works through Xampp htdocs install).
    I can use WordPress in both IIS7 and Xampp.

Wow-that took some time to get sorted! Now hopefully I can get down to working on WordPressMU & WordPress MU blogs and other websites! Let the real work begin...

Goodluck & best wishes to all WorPressMU & WordPress users & forum members

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by richardpd
  • Latest reply from richardpd