The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Atahualpa theme install has crashed WPMU (3 posts)

1. richardpd
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi
    I have installed several themes on WPMU localhostserver but after installing / activating Atahualpa theme my blog did not load and there was instead a page full of warnings.

I could not see how to uninstall this Atahualpa theme from that page and closed my localhost browser and have deleted Atahualpa folder frome themes directory but WPMU now does not load when I renter the localhost address in IE8 browser.

How can I get WPMU to restart? Can I manually edit a file to start back with Kubrick default theme or other theme?

I am grateful for help & advice to fix this, thanks

2. richardpd
    Posted 14 years ago #

Ok-no replies...
    I deleted my WPMU install & reinstalled WPMU.
    I just wondered if there was another better (quicker/easier?) option I could have done-never mind-a bit late now.
    On with my WordPress & WordPressMU learning..
    (I now have to delete and reinstall my WordPress localhost site due to Cloudy-Purple theme crashing WP!!).

3. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

If you bork your site because of the theme, there is no need to reinstall the whole thing.

If you delete the theme itself (which, sometimes you have to) and the site is still whitescreened, all it means is it's trying to load a theme you deleted. It will jumpstart itself and switch back to the default them if you just go log in to the backend.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by richardpd
  • Latest reply from andrea_r