The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Donncha's Domain Mapping with WP 3.0 alpha (4 posts)

1. JayMyers
    Posted 14 years ago #

Does Doncccha;s plugin work with 3.0 alpha. I can't get it. All the domains I have entered are showing up on Super Admin>Sites as being under the main blag and not under the sub domains as I remember when I was playing with 2.9.

Sorry if this is not the right place, but I have been reading all the other threads on this plugin here so it seems active.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Did you go to the backend of each sub blog and map the domain for it from there?

3. JayMyers
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yes, I did. Did not do anything in the main except set the Server IP Address and the check marks for redirect admin and check mark fror permanent redirect. I also set it as the main blog, which I guess is suppose to appear even hen I am in the backend of any of the subs?

I also am having an issue that if I go to one of the mapped domains, it is redirecting to a site that is not even part of the MU installation, it is one of my standalones that is on a sub directory of my root. I am sure this must have to do with the dedicated IP address pointing to the same as that one. But I could swear I had it working before though, with everything on the (ie Dedicated IP, ANAME)server remaining exactly how it is now.

4. JayMyers
    Posted 14 years ago #

Ok so a little update on this, the issues seemed to be resolved. I did not change a thing except I decided to comment out all the network active settings from wp-config, nd update my installation. I only did this after seeing an upgrade caught in an infinite loop. Never read anywhere that would happen, just figured that was a good place to start.

After I did the upgrade I went in and dropped the tables that had to do with the MU Domain mapping, and then activated once again. Evidently I really didn't drop all the tables because the IP address I entered earlier was still there, as well as the mapped domain names I attempted before. Went to the browser and directed to the URL I wanted mapped and everything is good to go. Not sure if it was the upgrade for the nightly build from the last couple days, or it was dropping, and letting it start over. So all is good, and totally looking forward to WP 3.0

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by JayMyers
  • Latest reply from JayMyers