The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Using categories and creating friend requests in the blog network (1 post)

1. roshgorg
    Posted 14 years ago #

hello, Iam Roshan George. I am a post graduation student. I have posted some doubts related to using wordpress MU for a blogging network. I would like to ask a few more questions about Wordpress MU.

1) After installing Wordpress MU,and visiting the website made with Wordpress MU, I saw link named 'Uncategorized'.I was confused on seeing that. Later, when I logged in to the dashboard with the admin account, I saw a link for creating'categories'. Acyually, what are categories? Does creating a new category creates something similar to folders for orgranizing the blog/contents? If i click on a category, will i be able to see all the latest post made in that category ? Or will the posts in that category be displayed by clicking a category link?

2) In any blog network, many users will be registered. Users of a website would like to add others to their friend list. Is there an option for making and receiving friend requests? Or, should I create such an option for friend requests?

3) How to add a friend invitation page. Should I create a page for the users to invite their friends to the blog network ?

4) And the most important question. How to add the 'login' section in the home page ? In the login page, just above the region where we enter the username and password, there is a Wordpress logo. Can I remove the Wordpresss logo from the login page? Will there be any problem if I remove the logo and add the logo of my website. The other links of Wordpress will not be changed.

5) In the case of hosting of the Wordpress MU, is there a neccessity of using a private server like the one offered by DreamHost ?

Kindly answer my queries....

Thanks in advance.
    Roshan

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by roshgorg