The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Adding full WP stand alone websites to WPMU network (3 posts)

1. nate123
    Posted 14 years ago #

Sorry if this has been addressed, I cant find an answer.

I have a WPMU site up and running but I want to integrate a few stand alone full install WP blogs. The other blogs are hosted under a different Domains on different servers. I just would like to integrate them into my WPMU site some how, in any way possible. I would really like if the blogs could function as WPMU blogs seamlessly. With the site wide navigation bar, recent activity etc. if possible.

Seems like a pretty common thing a lot of people would want to do, perhaps there is an easy way or a plugin. Im new to WPMU but I love it so far.

Thanks

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yeah, lots of threads about this.

Set up a new blog for it under MU. yes, it will be a sub blog. Go to the old blog, click "export". Go to the new blog. Click "import". Move over the plugins & themes if you need them.

Use the domain mapping plugin to map the old domain to the new blog. Presto!

That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

3. nate123
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks, I don't know why I couldn't find an answer to this. Im still pretty new to WordPress, Ive been installing it for people and modifying templates for about a year but this is actually the first time I have used it.

I will try out your instructions and I thank you for your time.

About this Topic