The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Subdomain Blogs Broken (2 posts)

1. philmeyer
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm completely baffled! I have two WP MU installations, on two different add-on domains on the same virtual hosting account, on the same server. They are setup EXACTLY(!) the same, and setup to create blogs on subdomains. I've created wildcard subdomains for both. They are carbon copies of one another.

Now for the really strange part: The one blog quite normally creates subdomain blogs, no problem - the other creates broken blogs. I don't get it; they're exactly the same, but one works and the other doesn't. I'm at the point of tossing my PC out the window, so please help!

Some info:
    - VHOST is 'yes' in my wp-config.php file;
    - In both add on domains WP is setup in the root (/);
    - I get the emails that my new blog is setup, no problem, and the blog appears in the list of blogs (/wp-admin/wpmu-blogs.php);
    - I have this problem with all plugins deactivated or activated, no difference;
    - My hosting is on a Unix server running Apache;

After I create the subdomain blog, I try to go to that blog's backend and all I get is a page with the following string displayed at the top:

95.24.203.230http://kingdomglobalgroup.org/wp-admin/wpmu-blogs.php?updated=true&action=add-blogtest.kingdomglobalgroup.orgMozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) WebMoney Advisor404

If I visit the front end of the subdomain blog, I just get a blank page.

Once again bear in mind that I have two INDENTICAL WP MU installations on the same server, only the domain names differ. One creates subdomain blogs with no problems, the other creates broken subdomain blogs.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Phil

2. philmeyer
    Posted 14 years ago #

I fixed it!

Seems I made a mistake when I created the wildcard subdomain for the erring blog. I didn't define the correct document root. Go figure...

Whew!

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by philmeyer
  • Latest reply from philmeyer