The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Exporting/Importing on a weekly basis questions.. (1 post)

1. Karl Jacobs
    Posted 14 years ago #

Howdy again,

I'm setting up a new internal "e-zine" site for company employees. We are planning on taking a subset of the content, and pushing it to an external site for retirees.

For the export, right now we are planning on using the Advanced Export for WordPress & WordPress MU plugin. This fits the bill nicely, since the content folk can add a retirees category, and I can export based on that.

Now, the questions...

I've been reading here about handling images, and it looks like a manual push each week via ftp might be the best method, with a few quick edits once the files are posted on the other site. Any better ideas on how to handle images in a weekly push like this? (Due to our firewall situation, the external server where the retirees site will be hosted is not allowed to see our internal servers).

Second, when doing the import, it appears that posts that already existed but were modified are skipped. Is there a way to get modified posts updated as well? If not, I need to make sure the content folk are aware of this.

Thanks!

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by Karl Jacobs