The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Cannot activate plugins site-wide (6 posts)

1. kristarella
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm not sure when this problem started, possibly between upgrading from 2.9.1 to 2.9.2.

I can't activate plugins site-wide. They worked fine before, but now I can't activate site-wide at all, it just says "plugin active" and it's only activated on the main site. Contact Form 7 and Global Translate are the main ones I need to activate, but also Lightbox 2 just to test.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Once a plugin is activated, the "activate sitewide" link goes away. Deactivate it, and it should show up so you can then activate it sitewide.

3. kristarella
    Posted 14 years ago #

I know, it won't work. I click on the "Activate site-wide" link and it behaves like the regular activation link, only activating on the main site, not on any others.

4. anduriell
    Posted 13 years ago #

happens the same for me. My installation is fresh from latest and after some time i lost Site_admin recognition.
    I can administrate the site, i'm WMPU main admin but the function is_site_admin does not recognice me as site admin.

Also i can't install sitewide plugins. The tables in WPMU looks ok and my tag in site_meta is ok also.
    Not cache, not sitewide plugins working.
    Tried in firefox and Ie same bug. Also checked that is not a problem with cookies. ¿Looks like some files my get corrupted? ¿Any idea?
    The functions i've seen afected are activation plugins sitewide and is_site_admin() does not recognice me as site_admin.

5. anduriell
    Posted 13 years ago #

Ok i found the fix. It's not a problem from the WPMU i found in my case is from w3 total cache. It installs a couple of files in wp-content that avoid us to register sitewide plugins. It's not enough to unistall the plugin, you have to delete all files installed from wp-content.

REgards!!

6. bigdrobek
    Posted 13 years ago #

I had similar problem. And it was same plug-in "W3 Total Cache", after disabling this plug-in it is OK. Thanks.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by kristarella
  • Latest reply from bigdrobek