The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Duplicate user error on installation (10 posts)

1. graball
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I get this error on the second step of the install:

WordPress database error: [Duplicate entry '1' for key 1]
    INSERT INTO wp_sitecategories VALUES (1, 'Uncategorized', 'uncategorized', '')

The username you chose is already in use, please select another one.
    result: error: username used

I can't enter a different user name because there's only one for my database SQL files.

What can I do?

Dave

2. graball
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Ok, by changing the files prefix to something other than wp_ i was able to get beyond this point, but it then gave me four database errors and although it told me the WP MU database was set up and sent me an email, the needed files to administer the database are not installed. When I go to wp_inst I get this error:

Fatal Error

Could Not Find Blog!
    Searched for fontcraft.com/wpmu/ in fontcraft_db1::eb_blogs table. Is that right?
    Please check that your database contains the following tables:
    eb_blogs
    eb_users
    eb_usermeta
    eb_site
    eb_sitemeta
    eb_sitecategories
    If you suspect a problem please report it to support forums!

If I try to access the links sent to me in the email I get a 404: File Not Found error.

Dave

3. SEbasic
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

This is the error I am currently getting.

Has there been any solution to this yet?

4. carla
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I'm receiving exactly the same result. I'm updating to the latest nightly to see if that will help...

5. jonimueller
    Posted 18 years ago #

I get the same error, but I initially set a different table prefix for my database, wpmu_ rather than wp_.

Also, I get no emails from my domain advising me of login information. (I guess because the "registration" is not going through each time, just stops cold at the error.)

6. jonimueller
    Posted 18 years ago #

BTW, I'm using the latest nightly, freshly downloaded about an hour ago.

7. jonimueller
    Posted 18 years ago #

Aack, I just looked at my database in PHPMyAdmin and under Collation, why is the language (?) set to Latin1_Swedish_ci?

8. tom_cat
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I think MU checks the registration name and email account both. Any of them is not unique inside DB will produce such error message. In-order to send E-mail to your mail-box you have to install a mail server in your computer. If you are using a public host, you should not have any problem unless you don't have such service.

9. cosmicelf
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I'm getting this same error.

WordPress database error: [Duplicate entry '1' for key 1]
    INSERT INTO wp_sitecategories VALUES (1, 'Uncategorized', 'uncategorized', '')

was there a solution? The name definately isn't in wp_users anyway. Why is it choosing "1" to try to insert?

1 is the admin. non?

10. cosmicelf
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

i found i had my documentroot set wrong.

i fixed this up and went from scratch so it's now installed and nearly working.

About this Topic

• Started 18 years ago by graball
  • Latest reply from cosmicelf