The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Update 2.8.5.2 to 2.9.2 not working (3 posts)

1. senthilnathaswami
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have just gone through a fairly long, drawn-out process to get from 2.6.1 to 2.7.1 and then to 2.8.5.2, which has been successful. (I host the blog on my own server.)

I understand that I should be able to successfully use the auto update mechanism from 2.8.5.2 to 2.9.2. It says it worked when I tried, but then when I try to visit my blog it doesn't show any posts. It says on the page where posts would normally go that the information I am trying to load does not exist.

I tried the official manual updating procedure, being careful to follow every step precisely, as I did with the previous updates. It seemed to complete successfully as well, but with the same end result. This leads me to believe that, when I solve the problem that is preventing the update from working right, I should be able to use the auto update button. That's a relief, at least!

So, I'm stuck at 2.8.5.2 right now.

My server adheres to the current requirements for WPMU 2.9.2.

Anyone have any advice on what the problem is here?

2. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

I understand that I should be able to successfully use the auto update mechanism from 2.8.5.2 to 2.9.2.

Actually many of us aren't using that method for a number of reasons.

What I would do though is Dashboard -> Site Admin -> Upgrade to get the individual blogs up to date and see if the blog posts reappear. If they do, then run the autoupdater again to see if it brings you up to 2.9.2.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

... and if that didn't work, manually upgrade to the latest.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by senthilnathaswami
  • Latest reply from andrea_r