The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Getting bio to display in rss (15 posts)

1. iwillpayou
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have the newest version. of wp. What I want to do is build the bio into to display in the rss. So when the author writes a story and part of it displays in rss I want the bio to display too. I willing to pay or work something out to the first person that can help me out. I am not sure what files to edit or maybe if someone knows of another plugin out there.

2. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

Well if you;re running regular wordpress, you actually should be be over at http://wordpress.org/support/

Be sure to give the actual version you;re running though as the latest released version is the 3.0 beta and I have this feeling that you;re not running that. (Most techs pull out their hair when they read that and the mathematician in me always wants to know where the number "latest" is along the counting chart.)

There are author bio plugins for post content. Not sure if they work for rss feeds but you may want to review them.

Example: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/author-bio/

3. iwillpayou
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yes its the regular mu version.. but will that link still work with wp mu? I'm going to try it.. any pointers or help would be great.. thanks for respond.

4. iwillpayou
    Posted 14 years ago #

I need to have the bio displayed in the rss

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

6. iwillpayou
    Posted 14 years ago #

thank you.. but is there anything else out there? or can i some how edit rss?

7. iwillpayou
    Posted 14 years ago #

What i am trying to do is embed the code to another website. On the other website I a box to display with the users bio picture title of the blog and part of the blog story. I want it to update automatically. I already have it where it pulls in the stories automatically with the date name etc.. I just need it to pull in the bio and a picture..

8. iwillpayou
    Posted 14 years ago #

This explains it better. I have a rss box on another website. The website is in html. What I want to do is also display the authors bio and authors picture too. Sorry my english isn't the best. I already got the title part of the story and date to appear. I am using java script. I was wondering what i have to do.. edit the java and rss or just edit the java to bring in the picture and bio.

9. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

The plugin I listed, did you look at what it does?

10. iwillpayou
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yes I saw what it does.. But it doesn't do what I need. I need a display box on another site where it shows the authors image and bio.. After doing more research it looks like I need some type of java that grabs the bio and authors picture and and posts them right in the box next to the story.

11. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Sure it does.

you;re pulling posts from one site to another, correct?
    And on the other site, you want information form the feed footer to display.

Right.

The plugin above places whatever you want in your feed footer. including php. With which you can pull your author bio info.

12. iwillpayou
    Posted 14 years ago #

How do I get it to display in the rss display box on the other site?

13. iwillpayou
    Posted 14 years ago #

I will pay you $100 if you can help me get a working one going. Or if thats not enough I can pay. More I really need this, and i need it like within 24 hours.

14. iwillpayou
    Posted 13 years ago #

anyone?

15. tobbe_l
    Posted 13 years ago #

Hi everyone.

I try to aggregate all my mu blogs into one RSS feed. It works sort of with sitewide tags and pulling the feed from the aggregated blog. Problem is I canĀ“t get the individual blog names to show in the feed. So it looks like all the posts are coming from one blog (the aggregated sitewide blog) and thats not good.

Thanks for help on this one.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by iwillpayou
  • Latest reply from tobbe_l