The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Paid content / Pay to view plugin suggestions (8 posts)

1. lindsayanng
    Posted 13 years ago #

There seem to be a LOT of plugins out there that do the same thing and that is to require a viewer to pay to see content of a blog.

My goal is to set up a bunch of blogs for my clients and let them charge their website visitors to see certain pages (specifically for them to see videos on a "premium" page)

Do you have suggestions for plugins? Ever use one of these? ANY experience with the various ones available.

I do not need subscriptions, and its not for me (the mu blog admin) but for the small blog owners .

2. daksullivan
    Posted 13 years ago #

Hi I am looking for the the same type of plugins? Any suggestions out there?

3. lindsayanng
    Posted 13 years ago #

I have asked this question a few times and every time my forum post just dies.. no one responds.

I am open to PAID plugins if those are better - i just really need some help getting in the right direction.

I also am a little confused over using a regular wordpress plugin versus an MU specific plugin. I found a few plugins out there for regular wordpress, but then they offer the wordpress MU licensing for more money. Is it the same plugin just with the ability for the MU owner to put it on every blog? Or is there actual coding differences?

Again, i dont want to charge the BLOG owners to have their blogs - i want to let them privitize and sell pages on their own blogs to the visitors.

4. lindsayanng
    Posted 13 years ago #

?

5. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

wishlist
    Amember

Any of the regualr plugins for wordpress to show paid content.

6. lindsayanng
    Posted 13 years ago #

I have never come across wishlist.. thanks for pointing that one our.

I guess my confusion is, will any BASIC wordpress plugin work? It doesn't NEED to be an MU-ready plugin then?

The thing is, there are so many out there and so many have a relatively high price tag that I want to make sure I see and review all of them (or most of them) before buying.

I do, however like how wishlist has a money back gurantee

7. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

Most of 'em do. I haven't tried either of those, but I know people who have. Be sure & ask customer support before purchase. Likely they've been asked a dozen times already.

mu-specific plugins do mu-specific things, it really depends on the plugin. But if you want a plugin to do something specific on one blog, then try the single wp ones first.

8. lindsayanng
    Posted 13 years ago #

wishlist SEEMS to be perfect aside from the pretty large price tag.. especially since i dont intend to use this plugin to make money b ut instead to offer to my blog owners.

$300 is a lot of money, and they basically penalize you for upgrading where as other ones allow you to upgrade to the unlimited licensing by adding the cost of the single license as a credit.

The only thing I am having issue with with wishlist plugin is the cart integration. I have NO ability (right now) to add a paypal payment and their documentation is crappy as best

About this Topic

• Started 13 years ago by lindsayanng
  • Latest reply from lindsayanng