The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Malware attacks on Hello World post's comment (3 posts)

1. skcsknathan001
    Posted 13 years ago #

Hi,

All comments in Hello World post is corrupted. Whenever you view comments on my site, it starts to install a malware.

But while I was writing this, I just noticed even visiting one of the blog started to install malware.

My siteurl is not changed. it looks alright in DB

Anybody knows how to fix?

http://adadaa.com/

2. skcsknathan001
    Posted 13 years ago #

It appeared the virus was only residing inside Firefox's profile and it was only affecting on my laptop when I visit adadaa.com. The malware was not showing up when visiting from other computers. Whew...

3. skcsknathan001
    Posted 13 years ago #

Ok..
    It seems there is some encoded codes attached to some of my theme files [footer, comments]
    But the strange thing is this malware is only active in Firefox. It is not active in IE, Chrome, Safari. That lead me to think its only on my computer. But after testing on other computers, its still there, but ONLY on Firefox.
    Now I have to clean...
    I have Rogers Online Service antivirus running all the time. It couldn't detect the malware that was also on my computer. I installed AVG and it scanned & found 20. I removed them and my computer is clean. But I have to now clean theme files. :(

About this Topic

• Started 13 years ago by skcsknathan001
  • Latest reply from skcsknathan001