The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

I just broke my posts page? (2 posts)

1. ancawonka
    Posted 13 years ago #

Hello,

I'm running into a weird problem. One of the blogs on my WPMU install no longer thinks it has posts, despite the actual presence of posts to the contrary.

Here's what I did:

I set my homepage to be a static page
    I set the posts page to be a page I called "Blog"

This worked just fine until...

I went and changed the permalinks to include the prefix "blog" for all single posts. This didn't do what I wanted, so I got rid of it, but...

Now, whenever I try to create or use an archive page, I get a 404 error (or, when I set my homepage to display the latest posts I see a page with "Sorry, there doesn't seem to be anything here, why don't you write some posts?").

My posts DO show up in sidebars (Latest Posts, SidePosts) so I know they're still there, but I seem to have broken the ability to list them.

The other blogs on my WPMU install don't have this problem, and they are ALL using the same theme, so it's not a theme issue (though I did test it, by switching my broken blog to Kubrik to no avail).

Any suggestions for what I should look for?

Thanks,

Anca.

2. ancawonka
    Posted 13 years ago #

Hmm..... So I think I tracked down the source of my problem. Looks like the "Sideposts" plugin hides all posts that it shows on other parts of the site, which would explain why the blog thinks it has no posts (because I'm showing them on sidebars in other areas).

Other blogs with working archive pages are likewise missing the posts that I'm putting in my sideposts. This is definitely problematic, but at least I know what's happening.

PHEW.

(Feel free to delete this post)

About this Topic

• Started 13 years ago by ancawonka
  • Latest reply from ancawonka