The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Upgrading WP 2.9.2 to WPMU (5 posts)

1. justbishop
    Posted 13 years ago #

I have a perfectly fine bug free install of WP 2.9.2, but I'd like to convert the site to WPMU (which I would then upgrade to 3.0 when the time came). I also have the latest version of Buddypress running on it.

I couldn't find any instructions on converting 2.9.2 to MU. Any help is appreciated!

2. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

but I'd like to convert the site to WPMU (which I would then upgrade to 3.0 when the time came).

Some advice: wait until 3.0 comes out, which is maybe a couple weeks till release candidate. Then you can just upgrade your WP site, and enable the network.

This is much MUCH easier then tearing out what you already have, installing MU, then setting everything up again. It's an intensive process.

3. justbishop
    Posted 13 years ago #

Hmmm...thanks andrea :)

Would it be a bad idea to go ahead and upgrade to the 3.0 Beta? The site I'm wanting to do it on is BRAND new (no members other than myself yet). The things I'm able to do with the network aspect of 3.0 will dictate my plan for the development of the site itself, so I'm anxious to get in there and poke around, lol!

4. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

Then grab the beta and run with it! :D It's pretty sweet. :)

I'm running the beta on a live site myself. I live on the edge. ;P

5. justbishop
    Posted 13 years ago #

GMTA, lol ;)

About this Topic

• Started 13 years ago by justbishop
  • Latest reply from justbishop