The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WPMU server eating memory and crashing (3 posts)

1. skcsknathan001
    Posted 13 years ago #

My WPMU is eating memory and completely crashes the system. Websites won't work; WHM won't respond; and I get emails from server saying services failed. I tried so switching so many configs, and nothing seems to be working.

I posted a detailed explanation of my situation at
    http://serverfault.com/questions/148914/vps-512-mb-ram-with-wordpressmu-comes-to-consumes-lots-of-memory

Could somebody help me?

[The only reason, I am giving the above link is because I didn't want to repost everything from there to here]

2. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

What plugins & widgets do you have relating to RSS? Almost every single time I've seen this, it's related to rss feeds.

3. skcsknathan001
    Posted 13 years ago #

My WordPress Object Cache is not working [default WordPress built-in cache]. Could that be the problem?

I'm not using any page caching plugins. I'm avoiding any cache plugins that caches entire pages. I'm trying to use widget cache, wpdb cache money.
    I'm running WPMU

There was a "cache" directory with files. And I deleted it when I was uninstalling WP Super Cache [I had so much trouble with it].

Now the cache directory is empty no matter how many pages I visit on my site. I do have the define('ENABLE_CACHE', TRUE); in wp-config.php and 755 on "cache" directory

About this Topic

• Started 13 years ago by skcsknathan001
  • Latest reply from skcsknathan001