The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

User signs up from blog, gets removed from main blog (7 posts)

1. holgria
    Posted 13 years ago #

Having a problem where if a user creates a blog they get pulled out of the "main" blog and then their password doesnt work anymore... any advice how to stop this from happening? Using latest release and buddypress.

Searched the forums couldnt find the right keywords or posts.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

Using latest release and buddypress.

Have you asked over on the buddypress forums?

It's normal for a user in mu to not be assigned to the main blog when they create a blog. BUT their password should be the exact same.

3. holgria
    Posted 13 years ago #

Is it a buddypress problem? I mean, I'm a bit confused as to what controls what and who to ask when there's a problem. Maybe you could explain what controls what? I'd appreciate it.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

The moving of a user is controlled by MU.

the password getting reset is probably BP related, as it doesn't happen in mu. I did read your post over there. Did their password really get reset, or are they trying to log in to the backend of the main blog?

5. holgria
    Posted 13 years ago #

It's probably the latter.

I have a "registered members only" site, so they're accessing the login that is through the root of the site.

Aside from that is there anyway to stop this moving of users?

6. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

No, not really. Providing them with the correct link to get to the backend of their site would probably help though.

7. holgria
    Posted 13 years ago #

To clarify they're just logging into the main part of the site not the backend of the "main" blog, but everytime it moves them out of the mainblog, they cannot get in.

Also, it appears there's a fix as I got the answer on the buddypress forums.

Here is a link to that if anyone is experiencing the same problem.

http://buddypress.org/community/groups/how-to-and-troubleshooting/forum/topic/user-signs-up-from-blog-gets-removed-from-main-blog/

About this Topic