The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

anyonesblog.com now uses wpmu (8 posts)

1. lucid1
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

anyonesblog.com (free blog hosting site) now uses wpmu.... it is just opened under the wordpress system. I changed a few things from the default install, including the rich text editor, and a few other things. I added a few features that I am sure they are going to add before they release it fully, but I couldnt wait. I added thumbnailing for movies and images automatically and silently when uploaded, also added some places on the edit pages for users to more easily link their pics, movies, or mp3s.... I made a post about the changes HERE

also in the attached forums. It is far from done, but thanks to WPMU it is alot more functional than my first creation!

2. jasongolod
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Has anyone else had problems disabling the rich text editor? I unchecked the box in Options, but it did not make a difference. If there is a workaround to get rid of it, I would love to hear it.

3. dyrer
    Posted 18 years ago #

Truly amazing job

4. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 18 years ago #

lucid1 - you might want to update anyonesblog.com if there are rich text editor problems. I recently fixed a problem with that. You should of course install wpmu on a test server before migrating to a new version!

5. lucid1
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

no, I replaced it with a different one... the one that was there was ok... only subtle differences... I needed to add buttons for the 'easy' insertion of uploaded media, and I like the instant change from rich text to html.... It came at a cost though, I took out the option to compose without richtext. They still can using the sidebar or the bookmarklet, but the editor is richtext by default with no place for them to change it. The editor that came with was working fine though... I used the nightly from 8-16... thanks again wordpress! :)

6. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 18 years ago #

There have been many improvements and bug fixes in the last 10 days, you should try to keep things current with the nightly builds if possible.

7. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 18 years ago #

There have been many improvements and bug fixes in the last 10 days, you should try to keep things current with the nightly builds if possible.

8. nodblogcom
    Posted 16 years ago #

Wow, your mu-blog is shure customized. Do you get traffic? I allso have a free blog hosting website atNodBlog.com NO ads, unlimited webspace and 5mb filesize limit. If you want plugins may be installed by making requests to the webmasters. Cheers!

About this Topic

• Started 18 years ago by lucid1
  • Latest reply from nodblogcom