The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Hiring Designer/Developer to build Wurk type site (13 posts)

1. spisio
    Posted 17 years ago #

Been trying to get in contact with the guy from Wurk.net, but he's not returning my e-mails....

So, we are looking to hire a developer/designer to build a site similar to Wurk in functionality and layout. We are in a completely different market than the Wurk.net people, but have a very high profile domain name. This would be a GREAT portfolio piece, and we are willing to pay top dollar for the best of the best.

Please contact me at shawn [at] blogs.ca ASAP, thank you.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Dang, I wish I had the time... and I'm Canadian too. :(

3. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Time? What's that? :)

4. nexia
    Posted 17 years ago #

@drmike... time is a strange concept related to the control of the moment you act on... some people think they can manage it...

good idea btw to copy wurk.. good target... but it needs more than a coder or a designer to do so... you need a good team behind the walls...

i'm not available, too bad for the top dollars, even for $CA.. lol

oh, and btw.. it'S not because you have a great domain name that the site will come along... ::

5. spisio
    Posted 17 years ago #

nexia, ya we are fully aware of the logistics needed to get all this going. We have an army of writers ready to go, financing/venture cap ready to go, etc. Just looking for somebody who has done something like this before.

6. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm also not available at the moment. However, if it helps, the guys behind wurk.net can be found over at gluedideas.com.

If you can't get anyone that is willing to do the work, i'll have adequate time available around mid September. So feel free to contact me at the below address if you would like to talk further.

andrew(a)idtstudios.com

7. barrybell
    Posted 17 years ago #

Shawn - sorry, I've been away for a few weeks. I'm going through my emails now (about 5 million of 'em), and I'll drop you a line when I reach yours.

Oh, and I'm *nothing* at all to do with glueideas.com - never even heard of those guys. wurk is all my own work. Heh. ;o)

Barry

8. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

Oops. I had it in my mind that he was refering to dpblogs.com (which does have an affiliation with gluedideas). Sorry about that. Completely ignore my post above. ;)

9. nexia
    Posted 17 years ago #

you loose points andrew.. lol

10. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

... I like my points and i'm keeping them! :P

11. spisio
    Posted 17 years ago #

Barry, I haven't heard back from you yet, if you could please contact me at shawn@blogs.ca that'd be great. Even it is a "sorry, no" response, so I can line somebody else up.

Thanks!

12. cfrazier
    Posted 17 years ago #

Haven't heard of us?!? Nooooo!!! :)

13. spisio
    Posted 17 years ago #

One last try.... You around Barry?

About this Topic