The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Different Username, Same Email (3 posts)

1. BertieAnn
    Posted 17 years ago #

Is it possible to create a new blog using a different user name but the email addres that has been used before. For instance, I want to have a personal blog that will use a different user name from my business blog, but want to use the same email address for both. I found a couple of old threads that talked about commenting out lines 99 and 100 in wpmu-functions.php, but I think that the info has changed in the version I have, which is 1.0-rc4.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. cori
    Posted 17 years ago #

In my experience with RC4, while you can now have multiple blogs registered per user (which you didn't used to be able to do), each user is identified by email address, so changing the display name for one will change it for all.

Commenting out lines 99 & 100 in wpmu-functions.php was specifically to allow multiple blogs per email, if I recall correctly.

3. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Gotta admit that I'm at a loss as well on this one as well. I just tried it on mine as it came up as the email address is in user already.

I can see where in /wp-includes/wpmu-functions.php the check is created:

// Check if the email address has been used already.
    if ( email_exists($user_email) )
    $errors->add('user_email', __("Sorry, that email address is already used!"));

You can try commenting that line out and see if that works but I can't guantee that there won't be colissions elsewhere in the code.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by BertieAnn
  • Latest reply from drmike